- Research Centres
- Centre for Co-operative and Community-Based Economy
Centre for Aboriginal Health Research- Centre for Addictions Research of B.C.
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Related Technology (CAMTEC)
- Centre for Advanced Security, Privacy, and Information Systems Research (ASPIRe)
- Centre for Asia-Pacific Initiatives (CAPI)
- Centre for Biomedical Research
- Centre for Early Childhood Research and Policy
- Centre for Forest Biology
- Centre for Global Studies
- Centre for Social and Sustainable Innovation (CSSI)
- Centre for Studies in Religion and Society
- Centre for Youth and Society
- Centre on Aging
- Institute for Integrated Energy Systems (IESVic)
- Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions
- Victoria Subatomic Physics and Accelerator Research Centre (VISPA)
The goal of the Center for Aboriginal Health Research is to improve the health and well being of aboriginal Peoples living in Canada and abroad. We recognize that research must be undertaken in partnership with communities and that research should meet the highest standards of community ethics and scientific rigor. Many ways of knowing can be connected for Aboriginal health research to create advanced knowledge to address complex health disparities from different community and academic perspectives.
The Centre provides a supportive environment for students, researchers and communities to engage respectfully in research activities that aim to address the urgent health disparities experienced by First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples in Canada. Through engaging with stakeholders in Aboriginal health in British Columbia, across Canada, and internationally, the Centre seeks to assume an active advocacy role in promoting relevant and ethical health research that seeks to improve Aboriginal peoples health.
The CAHR encourages a broad multi-, cross- and inter-disciplinary team approach to health research that that integrates programs of research across communities, academic institutions, regions, nations and globally. Our programs include Cultural Safety in Education and Healthcare, Community-Based Research, Global Indigenous Health, Knowledge Translation & Ethics, NEARBC (Aboriginal Health Resource Site), Open Door, Seniors Fall Prevention, Student Mentorship and Water. For more information on our current programs or CAHR, please visit our website at <www.cahr.uvic.ca>.
|Calendar > UVic Calendar Home > Research Centres > Centre for Aboriginal Health Research|