- Research Centres
- Centre for Co-operative and Community-Based Economy
- Centre for Aboriginal Health Research
- Centre for Addictions Research of B.C.
Centre for Advanced Materials and Related Technology (CAMTEC)- Centre for Advanced Security, Privacy, and Information Systems Research (ASPIRe)
- Centre for Asia-Pacific Initiatives (CAPI)
- Centre for Biomedical Research
- Centre for Early Childhood Research and Policy
- Centre for Forest Biology
- Centre for Global Studies
- Centre for Social and Sustainable Innovation (CSSI)
- Centre for Studies in Religion and Society
- Centre for Youth and Society
- Centre on Aging
- Institute for Integrated Energy Systems (IESVic)
- Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions
- Victoria Subatomic Physics and Accelerator Research Centre (VISPA)
The Centre for Advanced Materials and Related Technology (CAMTEC) at the University of Victoria is a research centre committed to interdisciplinary work on advanced materials and technology. The scope of this work covers a wide spectrum of research in theoretical and applied areas. CAMTEC coordinates related research among the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Physics. CAMTEC members work in close association with scientists and engineers from the private and public sectors to ensure technology transfer to industry.
The Centres key research areas and areas of application include: crystal growth of semiconductors, dielectric materials characterization, magnetic and superconductive materials and their applications, microscopy and nanoprobes, microwave and optical applications of advanced materials, advanced composites, alloys, and ceramics, integrated circuit technology, infrared detectors, microsensors for environmental and medical applications, opto-electronic and micro-electronic devices, piezoelectric actuators, and chemical sensors, with recent emphasis being in nanostructures and nanotechnology.
The Centre stimulates the development of new equipment and facilities on campus and also attracts graduate students and visiting scientists interested in advanced materials. As an interdisciplinary centre, CAMTEC has an impressive array of equipment and facilities at its disposal. The knowledge and experience gained from the research into advanced materials at CAMTEC is disseminated throughout the University, to the private and public sectors, and to other Canadian universities and institutions. The Centre accomplishes this through scientific publications, conferences, workshops and seminars, as well as through courses offered by the members.Website: <www.camtec.uvic.ca>
|Calendar > UVic Calendar Home > Research Centres > Centre for Advanced Materials and Related Technology (CAMTEC)|