- Research Centres
- Centre for Co-operative and Community-Based Economy
- Centre for Aboriginal Health Research
- Centre for Addictions Research of B.C.
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Related Technology (CAMTEC)
- Centre for Advanced Security, Privacy, and Information Systems Research (ASPIRe)
- Centre for Asia-Pacific Initiatives (CAPI)
- Centre for Biomedical Research
- Centre for Early Childhood Research and Policy
- Centre for Forest Biology
- Centre for Global Studies
- Centre for Social and Sustainable Innovation (CSSI)
Centre for Studies in Religion and Society- Centre for Youth and Society
- Centre on Aging
- Institute for Integrated Energy Systems (IESVic)
- Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions
- Victoria Subatomic Physics and Accelerator Research Centre (VISPA)
The Centre for Studies in Religion and Society (CSRS) is an interdisciplinary research centre located in the Sedgewick Building on the University of Victoria campus. Its mission is to foster the scholarly study of religion in relation to any and all aspects of society and culture, both contemporary and historical. Since its formation in 1991, the CSRS has established itself as a leading centre in Canada for the investigation of themes and issues at the intersection of religion and public policy. It has been especially engaged in discussions and research related to the environment, globalization, ethnicity, ethics, health care, culture, science and technology, and the arts. The centre hosts collaborative research and publishing projects with Canadian and international scholars, sponsors fellowships for graduate students and visiting scholars, and hosts a dynamic annual program of lectures, seminars and conferences for the campus and local community.
Current areas of focus in the centre include research examining:
The CSRS has a fundamental commitment to pluralism and dialogue, encouraging participation from scholars and others from any religious, academic, or secular perspective.
The CSRS is neither a teaching nor degree or diploma-granting unit. For further information please visit <www.csrs.uvic.ca> or contact the centre at 250-721-6325.
|Calendar > UVic Calendar Home > Research Centres > Centre for Studies in Religion and Society|