- Department of Computer Science
- Computer Science Programs
- Program Requirements
- Combined Programs in Computer Science and Mathematics, and Computer Science and Statistics
- Combined Program in Geography and Computer Science (Geomatics)
- Combined Major Program in Health Information Science and Computer Science
Combined Major in Music and Computer Science- Combined Programs in Physics and Computer Science
- Combined Major in Psychology and Computer Science
- Combined Major Program in Visual Arts and Computer Science
- General Degree (BA or BSc - Faculties of Humanities, Science and Social Sciences)
- Minor in Computer Science
The School of Music and the Department of Computer Science have designed a combined program leading to either a Bachelor of Fine Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.
Students are advised that because of restricted facilities and staff, it may be necessary to limit the offering of this Program. The application date for the first year of this program for entry in September is March 31, however applications received before May 15 will be considered if places are still available. Applicants must make separate application for acceptance into the first year of the Combined Program. See <finearts.uvic.ca/music/cscmusic/form/>. Students will be admitted to the program at the end of first year. When all first year requirements have been met, the application date for September entry to the second year of this program is May 1 and the document deadline is July 1.
Enrolment in this program is limited. Since students wishing to complete a combined degree program in Music and Computer Science are admitted at the end of first year into this program in the Faculty of Fine Arts, applicants will normally register in first year in one of the following faculties/programs for which they meet the admission requirements: Humanities, Science, Social Sciences, Engineering or Fine Arts.
1. Students who are not exempt from the Academic Writing Requirement should choose 1.5 units of first-year English.
4. One of these courses may be SENG at the 400 level.
5. At least 4.5 units must be MUS courses.
7. May include 300- or 400-level music courses, with permission of the instructor.
|Calendar > Undergraduate Programs > Faculty of Engineering > Department of Computer Science > Combined Major in Music and Computer Science|