Combined Biology and Psychology Program Requirements
Both Major and Honours BSc degrees are offered in the Combined Biology and Psychology Program. These are not joint degrees in Biology and Psychology, but single degree programs composed of a selected combination of courses from each of the departments. These programs are intended for students with interests and career goals in any area of neuroscience, including neuroethology, human biology, medicine, dentistry, or nursing. Students should consult with undergraduate advisers in both departments when planning their course schedules.
Combined Major in Biology and Psychology
Combined Honours in Biology and Psychology
Other Courses of Potential Interest (Electives)7
- BIOL 215, 230, 307, 321, 322, 335, 360 (required for BIOL 309), 361, 400
- BIOC 300A (required for BIOL 360, 361, medical school), 300B (required for BIOL 361, medical school)
- MATH 101, 377, or other MATH courses
- PHIL 100, 201/203, 220, 342A, 460
- EPHE 141, 241B, 341
- PSYC 311B, 317A, 332, 385, 391, 415A, 424, 491
1. Core GPA requirement: For core Psychology courses, the GPA requirements are the same as for regular Psychology programs. Core Biology courses require a minimum C+ to count towards this combined program.
2. Consult prerequisites for MATH and PHYS 200-level courses when choosing among these courses.
3. At least 21 units of upper-level courses are required to satisfy university requirements.
4. Admission and Graduation Standing requirements for the Honours program are governed by the regulations for the department in which the Honours thesis is taken.
5. Students registering for BIOL 499A/B must also take BIOL 460 (Honours Seminar).
6. Students planning to do an Honours thesis or a graduate degree in Psychology are advised to take PSYC 300A and 300B.
7. Majors students planning to undertake graduate studies in biopsychology are advised to acquire experience in a research laboratory through paid, volunteer, or Directed Studies positions.