- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Mathematics and Statistics Programs- Program Requirements
- Combined Mathematics and Statistics Program Requirements
- Combined Chemistry and Mathematics Program Requirements
- Computer Science and Mathematics, and Computer Science and Statistics Program Requirements
- Physics and Mathematics Program Requirements
- Combined Major in Financial Mathematics and Economics
- Mathematics and Statistics Co-operative Education Program
- Computer Science/Mathematics Work Experience
The department offers the following BSc degree programs:
Honours Programs allow specialization in one or more disciplines in the last two or three years and are intended for students of above-average ability. Students who plan to undertake graduate studies are strongly advised to follow an Honours Program.
The Major in Mathematics is a program broadly based in the mathematical sciences requiring courses in each of pure mathematics, applied mathematics, discrete mathematics, and statistics, and having enough elective choice to permit emphasis in any of these four areas.
The General Program emphasizes breadth of education and requires concentration in two different fields. For more details on a BSc degree in a General Program combining Mathematics or Statistics with another field in Science (or with Geography or Psychology), see here. For more details on a BA degree in a General Program combining Mathematics or Statistics with a field in Humanities or Social Sciences, see this page or this page, respectively.
The department also offers the following BA degree programs through the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Social Sciences:
Students interested in a Bachelor of Arts degree should register in the Faculty of Humanities or the Faculty of Social Sciences, complete the requirements common to all bachelors degrees in that faculty, and satisfy the requirements for the General, Major or Honours Program in Mathematics or the General, Major or Honours Program in Statistics described below.
Students may also complete a Minor in Mathematics or Statistics.
|Calendar > Undergraduate Programs > Faculty of Science > Department of Mathematics and Statistics > Mathematics and Statistics Programs|