Faculty Members and Areas of Research
- Taiaiake Alfred, Chair, Indigenous Governance and Human and Social Development, PhD (Cornell)
- Specialization in leadership, warriorism, cultural restoration, and political thought.
- Jeff Corntassel, Associate Professor, Indigenous Governance, PhD (Arizona)
- Specialization in Indigenous political movements, community resurgence, global Indigenous rights discourse, and sustainable self-determination.
- Waziyatawin, Indigenous Peoples Research Chair and Associate Professor, Indigenous Governance, PhD (Cornell)
- Specialization in Indigenous peoples and decolonization strategies, women and resistance, traditional knowledge recovery, and global collapse.
- Heidi Kiiwetinepinesiik Stark, Assistant Professor, Indigenous Governance, PhD (Minnesota)
- Specialization in Indigenous comparative politics, Indigenous diplomacy and treaty relations, Indigenous law and governance, and US/Canadian Indigenous law and policy.
Local Indigenous Advisory Council
- Charles Elliott, Tsartlip
- Myrna Crossley, Lekwungen
- Cheryl Bryce, Lekwungen
- Fran Powless, Mohawk Nation