Dr. M. Christopher Auld
Ph.D. (Queen's), Associate Professor
Research Interests: Econometrics; health; labour; education
Contact Dr. Auld:
Office: BEC 374
Chris Auld is an applied econometrician who studies issues in health behavior, the labor market, and education.
- Auld, M. C. (forthcoming) Effect of large scale social interactions on body weight, Journal of Health Economics.
- Auld, M.C. and Grootendorst, P. (forthcoming) Challenges for causal inference in obesity research, forthcoming, Handbook of the Social Science of Obesity, J. Cawley (ed), Oxford.
- Auld, M.C. and Powell, L. M. (2009) Economics of food energy density and adolescent body weight, Economica 76(304):719-40.
- Powell, L.M., Auld, M.C., Chaloupka F, et al. (2007) Associations between access to food stores and adolescent body mass index. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 33(4S):S301-S307.
- Auld, M.C. (2006) Estimating behavioral response to the AIDS epidemic. Contributions to Economic Analysis and Policy 5 (article 12).
- Auld, M.C. (2005) Smoking, drinking, and income. Journal of Human Resources 40(2):505-518. (Reprinted in The Economics of Health Behaviors, vol II, Cawley and Kenkel (eds), Elgar 2008.)
- Auld, M.C. (2005) Causal effect of early initiation on adolescent smoking patterns. Canadian Journal of Economics 38(3):709-34. (Harry Johnson Prize for best paper in the CJE, 2005.)
- Auld, M.C. and Grootendorst, P. (2004) An empirical analysis of milk addiction. Journal of Health Economics 23:1117-1133. (Reprinted in The Economics of Health Behaviors, vol I, Cawley and Kenkel (eds), Elgar 2008.)
- Auld, M.C. (2003) Choices, beliefs, and infectious disease dynamics. Journal of Health Economics 22:361-377.
ECON 318, Health Economics
ECON 524, Health Economics
ECON 565, The Econometrics of Cross-section Data
- 2013-05-29 - Lecture/Seminar - Brown Bag Seminar - Daniel Rondeau
- 2013-06-12 - Lecture/Seminar - Brown Bag Seminar - Carl Mosk
- View all events on the UVic Economics calendar