Dr. Emma Hutchinson
Ph.D. (Michigan), Assistant Professor
Research Interests: Environmental economics; environmental policy; law & economics
Contact Dr. Hutchinson:
Office: BEC 344
(For copies of publications, check Dr. Hutchinson's Website)
Refereed Journal Articles:
- Subsidies for the Production of Cleaner Energy: Can They Cause Emissions to Rise?, with Peter W. Kennedy & Cristina Martinez, B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 2010, Vol. 10, Issue 1 (Contributions), Article 28.
- Excessive Spending by Firms to Avoid Accidents: Is it a Concern in Practice?, with Klaas van 't Veld, International Review of Law and Economics, 2009, 29, pp. 324-35.
- State Enforcement of Federal Standards: Implications for Interstate Pollution, with Peter W. Kennedy, Resource and Energy Economics, 2008. 30(3), pp. 316-44.
- Extended Liability for Environmental Accidents: What You See is What You Get, with Klaas van 't Veld, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2005, 49, pp. 157-173.
- Guidelines for Writing the Honours Thesis, with Martin P. Farnham, in Hume, S.E. (Ed.), Economics Writing (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson, 2010.
ECON 313, Intermediate Microeconomics II
ECON 381, Environmental Economics I
ECON 481, Environmental Economics II
ECON 531, Environmental Economics
- 2013-05-29 - Lecture/Seminar - Brown Bag Seminar - Daniel Rondeau
- 2013-06-12 - Lecture/Seminar - Brown Bag Seminar - Carl Mosk
- View all events on the UVic Economics calendar