Co-op for Undergraduate Students in Economics
The Co-op option is available to full time students enrolled, or intending to enrol, in either the Honours or Major B.A. or B.Sc. streams. To be considered for admission to the program, students require a GPA of 4.5 overall as well as a minimum GPA of 4.5 in ECON 103, 104, 225 and 245, with a grade of not less than a B- (4.0) in any one of these courses. A grade of not less than B- (4.0) is required in CSC 105. Admission is based on GPA.
Note: - Students satisfy the Econ 225 requirement if they have received a B+ or higher in ENGL 135, 146, or 147. However, students may still want to take Econ 225 to improve their technical writing abilities.
- All Econ Co-op students are encouraged to take Econ 410A and/or Poli 351 before their 2nd co-op term. These courses combine technical writing with policy analysis and provide skills that are highly valued by employers. Students should have technical writing abilities at least at the level of Econ 225 to be competitive in finding placements.
Application is normally made in the Fall or Spring term of the student's second year of undergraduate study. Application forms can be obtained from the Social Sciences Co-op office. For more information on application procedures follow the Student Information link on the UVic Coop website.
Undergraduate students who successfully complete four work terms graduate with a Co-op designation.
Further information on the Undergraduate Co-op program is available in the University of Victoria Calendar.
- 2013-05-22 - Lecture/Seminar - Brown Bag Seminar - Dan Vo
- 2013-05-29 - Lecture/Seminar - Brown Bag Seminar - Daniel Rondeau
- 2013-06-12 - Lecture/Seminar - Brown Bag Seminar - Carl Mosk
- View all events on the UVic Economics calendar