Welcome to the Laj Gallery index.
Laj is a program that can be used to generate interactive WWW archives of comparative genomic alignments (ref). Laj displays a dot-plot, a percent identity plot (PIP), and a variety of relevant annotations.
You can use Laj to annotate and display comparative genomic alignments over the internet or to a to view alignments obtained using (Multi)PipMaker or blastZ.
Laj is available at http://bio.cse.psu.edu/, along with thorough on-line documentation and additional examples of annotated genomic regions.
We have used Laj to interactively display the following alignments:
1) ACHE/HRBL region of chromosome 7q22 and the orthologous region in mouse. publication
2) A human to mouse comparative analysis of ERCC1 locus. publication
3) A human to mouse comparative analysis of hyaluronidase genes HYAL2, HYAL1 and HYAL3. publication
4) Comparative analysis of Mater, a maternal effect gene that is essential for early embryonic development in mice. publication
5) Analysis of the paired immunoglobin-like receptor locus at 7q22. publication.
Updated June 2007.
For any questions or comments please contact Mike Wilson.
UVIC Biology Department
Koop Lab wiki