Agreement for Use of the
consortium of Genome Research on All Salmon Project Microarray (cGRASP microarray)
In order to provide fellow (academic) researchers with cGRASP microarray slides on a partial cost-recovery basis, it is asked that the following Agreement be read and be part of any agreement between the user and Dr. Ben Koop (UVic). (updated Jan 08)
I agree to the following conditions regarding the use of the cGRASP microarray:
- I agree that I will be using the cGRASP microarray for academic and/or research purposes only.
- I agree that I will disclose the data that results from our use of the cGRASP microarray to Dr. Ben Koop (see below) within 8 weeks, who agrees to keep such information provided to him on a strictly confidential basis. Our sole purpose asking for the data is to evaluate the success of the chip and plan for larger future versions.
- I agree that we will not use the cGRASP microarray for any commercial purposes whatsoever and that should I (or anyone else) wish to commercially exploit the cGRASP microarray in any manner, such use or exploitation shall be subject to the establishment of the appropriate contractual agreements with UVic.
- I agree that I will not sell, transfer, reproduce, copy or distribute in any media the cGRASP microarray to any third party, other than parties covered in #8 below, without the express written consent of Ben Koop or UVic.
- I agree that I fully understand that the cGRASP microarray is being supplied has less than 7% physical printing errors and are provided to me with no warranties, expressed or implied and that Ben Koop and UVic specifically disclaim any warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and that Ben Koop and UVic make no representations that the use of the cGRASP microarray will not infringe any patent or proprietary rights of any third parties.
- I agree to hold harmless and indemnify UVic and any of the UVic�s boards, agencies, employees, students or agents, against all liabilities, demands, damages, expenses and losses arising out of our use of the cGRASP microarray for any purpose.
- I agree to contribute to the University of Victoria (cGRASP) $funds for the cGRASP microarray slide within 30 days of receiving the slide(s); to help defray expenses.
- I agree that any researchers, students, or employees who report to me and who will use the cGRASP microarray, will also be bound by the conditions of this Agreement and that if any other researchers outside of this group wish to use the cGRASP microarray, that they will be required to complete a similar Agreement with UVic.
- I agree to acknowledge in
any resulting publications; cGRASP web.uvic.ca/grasp
(B.F. Koop & W. Davidson).
Citation reference should inlcude:
von Schalburg KR, Rise ML, Cooper GA, Brown GD, Gibbs RA, Nelson CC, Davidson WS, Koop BF. Fish and Chips: Various methodologies demonstrate utility of a 16,006-gene salmonid microarray. BMC Genomics. 2005 Sep 15;6(1):126; Koop et al., BMC Genomics 2008 Nov 17;9:545