Connecting Community & UVic
About this Project
These webpages are the result of a United Way / OCBR initiative to try and improve connections and links between community resources and university resources.
In talking with community people we found that they often said they went looking to UVic to try and find:
- Information, education
- Teaching and training expertise
Research and evaluation help
- Volunteers – students, faculty members for boards etc.
In talking with people at UVic, undergraduate and graduate students, researchers, sessionals and faculty, they told us they were often struggling with where find resources in the Greater Victoria area for:
- Audiences to share their emerging information and research
- Volunteers or people to get involved in their projects
- Local information, not readily available on the internet
- Funding resources
- Political access to influence policy and legislation
To try and respond to these needs and questions, we have put together these two webpages to compile some of the ‘greatest hits’ links we found.
Use the tabs in the menu to the left or the links below to view what's been compiled so far and tell us what you think!
Request for Feedback!
These webpages and links we have chosen are ‘under development’. You are one of our first people to find our pages, so please! We would love some feedback.
1. Were these links what you were looking for?
2. If you couldn’t find what you were looking for ... what was that? What did you need?
3. Any other ideas for how we might support making connections between community and university resources easier?
Email Karen at: email@example.com