Welcome to the Department of Political Science
The Department of Political Science is excited to be hosting the CPSA 2013 (Canadian Political Science Association) Conference June 4-6, 2013.
What is Political Science?
Political Science is the study of power, authority and governance in human affairs. We examine the social, economic, cultural, historical, geographical and other forces that generate conflicts both within and among societies. Political Scientists analyze the institutional and ideological forms through which such conflicts achieve resolution. The Department of Political Science offers a range of courses taught by faculty and staff who are committed to providing students with a world-class learning experience in a supportive and inclusive environment.
- NEW! POLI is hiring a Limited Term Assistant Teaching Professor for the period Sept 1, 2013 - April 30, 2014. Application deadline: Friday, June 14, 2013.
- NEW! Alumni from the Department are raising funds to establish a new award to support current students. George Abbott (MA ’78) unveiled the campaign at the BC Election panel event on April 30. If you would like to donate, you can send a cheque to the Department or make a gift online here https://extrweb.uvic.ca/pages/annual-giving/donation-form-political-science
- NEW! POLI presented a panel discussion on April 30 titled "What is NOT being discussed in the BC elections that SHOULD be!" Watch a video of this event online.
- Summer Undergraduate Advising Schedule available.
- NEW! Roundtable discussion and reception: "Comparing Modes of Governance in Canada and the EU: Social Policy in Mulitlevel Systems", Tuesday, June 4, 3:15-6 pm, Campus View Room, Cadboro Commons. Registration is online at www.ipac-victoria.ca.
- Political Science Weekly Digest - latest issue.
- View all events on the UVic Political Science calendar
Our general office is located on the 3rd floor of the Social Sciences and Mathematics Building (SSM) at SSM A316. Please see theUVIC Map for directions.