Welcome to the Department of Psychology
Psychology, the scientific study of behaviour and mental processes, addresses fascinating questions that lie at the heart of human life experiences. UVic's Psychology Department is home to award-winning teachers and world-class researchers working in state-of-the-art facilities.
Psychology programs and research
We offer undergraduate programs leading to Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor Science degrees and Master's and PhD degrees at the graduate level. Students are key contributors to our vibrant research community, providing assistance in research laboratories and working together with faculty members to plan and execute experiments. Psychology is an exciting branch of science where new discoveries help shape our world in positive ways.
Explore our site and learn what Psychology has to offer.
- Upcoming Oral Examinations
- Chris Lalonde: Aboriginal mental health
- Submit your UVic great moments
- New Section PSYC 315 -- Fall 2011
- New Course: Neuroscience of Meditation
- View all events on the UVic Psychology calendar