University of Victoria Retirees Association
Information about the Johnson Extended Health Benefits, Dental, and Travel Insurance Proposal
In order to help members decide whether the new proposal suits their needs better than current packages available at retirement (Pacific Blue Cross, Medoc, etc.), UVRA will provide access on this site to the following items, as soon as they become available:
- Audio/video recording of the information session held on March 24th, 2013,
- Separate files of the Microsoft Powerpoint slides and 4 examples that were displayed,
- Access to the details of the Johnson proposal (on their site),
- Application procedures.
Some of this information is now available; see our web-page for more details.
Note: UVRA can not help with individual calculations of needs.
The University of Victoria Retirees Association (UVRA) began in November 1992 with an informal meeting of retirees from the institution. The Association was incorporated under the Society Act on April 13, 1994. From its inception, the association has grown from a few enthusiastic members to over 500 members. The Association is a member of the College and University Retirees Association (CURAC).
The UVRA's purposes are to act as a liaison between the Unversity of Victoria retirees and the University, to encourage and promote a spirit of collegiality among members of the association, to organize and promote activities for its members, and to facilitate interaction with other retiree/senior organizations.
UVRA is a thriving organization which is living up to its constitutional purpose of strengthening the link between retired employees, the University and each other.
The Association is making the best use of all the communication channels now available, and looks forward to continuing to support the University, as its members keep in touch with campus issues, people, and events.
We welcome all enquiries regarding membership in our Association. Please contact us at email@example.com or at 250.472.4749
Isobel Dawson, Past President, UVRA
Technology Enterprise Facility, Room 223
Office Hours: 1:30 - 3:30 pm, during normal University working-days
UVic Retirees Association, PO Box 1700,
STN CSC, Victoria, BC V8W 2Y2
|Past President||Isobel Dawson||250.721.0232|
|Newsletter Editor||Peter Zingeler||250.727.0287|
Members at large
Dave Turkington (Masterminds)
Sharon Crumly (volunteers)
Ex Officio Life Members
- The UVRA and the UVic Centre on Aging — with support from UVic — are presenting a series of free, open-to-the-public, lectures on Wednesdays in April and May. Click: Masterminds 2013 for more information.
- The April 2013 issue of the Grey Matters! newsletter is now online. Click the "Newsletters" button to access it.
- The 2012 AGM (Annual General Meeting) was held in Maclaurin D110 at 10 AM on June 20. Reports presented at the 2012 AGM are now online.