Chief Executive Officer,
Vancouver City Savings Credit Union (Vancity)
Bachelor of Arts (History), ’91 and Master of Arts (History), ’94
Born in Victoria in 1968 and raised in Kamloops
• CEO of Vancity in Sept. 2007 –
• 2004 – 07: BC Deputy Minister of Finance
• 2002 – 03: BC Deputy Minister of Health
• Prior: Progressive responsibilities in ministries of finance and health.
• Vancity’s consolidated earnings rose 49 per cent in 2008
• Developed and implemented BC government fiscal plan ($33 billion)
• Led the health ministry to its first balanced budget in 16 years
2008 UVic Distinguished Alumni Award; 2007 Knowledge and Leadership Award, Association of Women in Finance; past member of Canada’s Top 40 Under 40™; 2003 Queen’s Jubilee Medal for outstanding contributions to the public service in BC.
What others say:
“Tamara is able to look beyond the numbers, to the broader impacts of policy on our province, communities and families, and to communicate her assessments with compassion and precision.”
former BC finance minister
History and the Bottom Line | 2