How to Apply
Application Deadline for Jan 2013 University 102 Course: Nov 26, 2012. Details about info sessions for the upcoming Spring course of University 102 Social Sciences Course are below.
Application Deadline for Sept 2013 University 101 Course: Aug 15, 2013 Details about info sessions for the next Fall course of University 101 Humanities Course will be available in June, 2013.
The University 101/102 Steering Committee, made up of community members, graduates of University 101/102, and UVic students, staff and faculty, wants the Application Process for University 101/102 to be as easy and accessible as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please contact Becky at 250-721-6516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Attend a MANDATORY Information Session.
Information Sessions for the January 2013 University 102 Social Sciences Course will be held:
- Wednesday, November 7: 6:00 pm: Fernwood NRG, 1240 Gladstone Ave.
- Tuesday, November 13: 12:30 pm: Rainbow Kitchen, 500 Admirals Road
- Thursday, November 15: 2:30 pm: Our Place, 919 Pandora Ave.
- Tuesday, November 20: 1:00 pm: Blanshard Community Centre, 901 Kings Road
- Wednesday, November 21: 12:00 pm: Downtown Community Centre, 755 Pandora Ave.
- Friday, November 23: 10:00 am: Work BC, 415 Gorge Rd.
- Monday, November 26: 7:00 pm: University of Victoria, Clearihue Bldg, Room A118
Step 2: Fill out application form.
Application forms will be available at all of the info sessions or at the Uni 101/102 office.
You can also fill out an online application form.
- Applications are assessed in relation to other applications received. No one is deemed ineligible based on income or other factors. However, those with lower incomes and fewer opportunities for post-secondary education will be admitted on a priority basis.
- Confidentiality: The information provided on the application forms is kept entirely confidential and is used only by the University 101/102 Applications Committee to assess applicant eligibility. Information provided on the University 101/102 application form is never given to outside individuals or organizations.
- Returning applicants:You are a returning applicant if you have completed one of the University 101 or University 102 courses, within the past year. If this is the case, please let us know on the first page of the application form.
Who to contact:
If you have any questions regarding your application or the application process, please contact us at 250-721-6516 or email@example.com .