Attending: Dick Chappel Ann Nightingale Tom Gore Larry Devlin Mary Sanseverino. Chair: Larry Devlin, recording secretary: Mary Sanseverino
Approval of agenda
- addition of Monday Magazine to correspondence
- new business - Dick will talk about how to spend money from our FAS account.
Approval of minutes
Larry - a letter will be out to the Building Reps - asking them to continue on as our Local Representatives
Ann - Responding to the Monday Magazine - Nov 16 -22 - we received a fair assessment. PEA kept a copy of the article
BARGAINING COMMITTEE REPORT
Busy meeting on Nov 20th. Covered many things. The BC is good - very diverse, covers all areas of the campus. Alan has an idea now of how the contract language should go. Next meeting is on Friday Nov 24. We look to be on track for a Christmas document.
- PEA scrutineer: Have notified John Levy that we will send someone.
ACTION ITEM - Larry will ask Barry Smith if he can go.
- Kim McGowan will continue as the PEA representative to the Employee Equity Committee - Human Equity Council
- ACTION ITEM - Larry will contact all members on the various committees and ask them to meet with us. They will be asked to prepare a short status report - one or two paragraphs.
- Personal Safety Officer: ACTION ITEM - Larry will circulate the draft that he has done up
- EQUITY POLICY- We have been asked to draft a PEA statement on the UVIC policy.
ACTION ITEM - We discussed the Policy - Larry will try to capture the essence of what we have covered and do up a draft for us to look at.
Gail Woods is prepared to offer PEA help with the organization newsletter. Larry will follow up with Alan on this.
Discussion with SI continuing full time staff. ACTION ITEM Larry will meet with Gail Mitchel on Dec 1. There are 32 continuing SIs. We want to keep a dialogue open.
We will ask any other SI people to come with to us with written concerns.
New employees - Human Resources wants info to give to new staff.
ACTION ITEM - Everyone will get a copy of the two constitutions, (PEA and CHAPTER), letter of welcome - from Mary -, other information. Keep this under old business. Will report on this next meeting.
How to enlist A&AP members. How can we get that membership in PEA up?
Ann - listserv can be used - bargaining committee is underway, we are working on other items. ACTION ITEM - Ann will send out a general info letter on the listserv.
ACTION ITEM - We will use the computer for the PEA to hold the Web and the archives. Mary will tell Gordon that the machine is available and arrange with him to move it to a more convenient place. A printer comes with the computers.
We have a FAS account. When we have a charge it should go to Dick. Dick should get the bills.
Next meeting: 12:00 -1:30 Dec 5th. Room A186.