Alan Mehlenbacher, PhD (Victoria)
Department of Economics, University of Victoria
Mail: PO Box
1700 STN CSC, Victoria BC, CANADA V8W 2Y2
BEC 392; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Research Projects
- Computable General Equilibrium
- Algorithmic Topology
Recently Completed Research Projects
- Comparisons of social accounting matrices of 20 countries across 11 years
- Development of a social accounting matrix for British Columbia
- Assessment of BC mining reclamation security deposits
- Evaluation of the Philadelphia cost-benefit analysis for stormwater management
- Econometric analysis of a BC social finance fund
- Issue linkage for negotiating a global agreement on climate change
- Computational model of knowledge network formation
- An efficient genetic algorithm for coalition formation
- Economics: Computational Economics (Econ 457), General Equilibrium and Welfare Economics (Econ 451), Environmental Economics (Econ 381), Mathematical Economics I (Econ 350), Applied Econometrics (Econ 345),
Competition Economics I (Econ 310A), Competition Policy (Econ 310B),
Statistical Inference (Econ 246), Intermediate Macroeconomics (Econ 204)
- Computer Science: Agent Systems (Csc 485/585), Network-Centric Computing (Seng 450/550), The Practice of Computing Science (Csc 212)
- Information Technology: Strategic Information Management, Data Modelling, Database Concepts
- Maple Files for Computational Economics, by Kendrick, Mercado, Amman
- T. Murdock, S. Taylor, A. Flower, A. Mehlenbacher, A. Montenegro, F. Zwiers, R. Alfaro, and D. Spittlehouse. 2013.
Pest outbreak distribution and forest management impacts in a changing climate in British Columbia.
Environmental Science & Policy, 26: 75-89. Bio-Economic Model Supplement
- Carin, B. and A. Mehlenbacher. 2010.
Constituting global leadership: which countries need to be around the summit table for climate change and
energy security? Global Governance. 16: 21-37.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2009.
Multiagent system simulations of signal averaging in English auctions with two-dimensional value signals. Computational Economics, 34: 119-143.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2009.
Multiagent system simulations of treasury auctions. Computational Economics. 34: 67-117.
- Whitfield, D. W. A., L. A. Mehlenbacher, and C. Labine, 1982. Solar radiation attenuation in a hillside jack pine forest. Canadian Journal of Botany. 60: 1913-1922.
- Mehlenbacher, L. A. and D.W.A. Whitfield, 1977. Modelling thermal eddy diffusivity at canopy height. Boundary-Layer Meteorology. 12: 153-170.
Technical Reports Cited in Academic Publications
- Mehlenbacher, A., 2007. Multiagent system platform for auction experiments. University of Victoria, Economics Department Discussion Paper, DDP0706.
- Mehlenbacher, A., 2007. Multiagent system simulations of sealed-bid auctions with two-dimensional value signals.University of Victoria, Economics Department Discussion Paper, DDP0707.
- Mehlenbacher, L.A., 1980. An optimization model for aggregate haul economics. Alberta Transportation, Government of Alberta.
- Mehlenbacher, A., 1979. Ridge regression. Department of Animal Science, University of Alberta.
- Mehlenbacher, A., 1978. Program for least squares analysis of variance and covariance with unequal subclass numbers. Department of Animal Science, University of Alberta.
- Whitfield, D.W.A., J.M. Mayo, J.E. Harter, S. Nelson, and A. Mehlenbacher, 1977. Tree geometry and optical properties of leaves.
In: Long term prediction of vegetation performance on mined sands. In: Report of the Alberta Oil Sands Environmental research Project, Government of Alberta.
Economics and Management Consulting
Dr. Mehlenbacher's current consulting practice includes computational economic models, business valuations, cost-benefit analyses, and econometric analyses.
For more information see Alan Mehlenbacher Associates Ltd.
Alan Mehlenbacher Associates, Alan Mehlenbacher Associates Ltd., Mehlenbacher, Alan Mehlenbacher,
victoria bc, economics consulting victoria bc, consulting economist,
economics consulting, management consulting, economist victoria bc, economics, multiagent systems, auctions,
computational economics, antitrust economics, competition economics, econometrics, econometric analysis
(Updated: April, 2014)