Alan Mehlenbacher, MSc, MBA, PhD
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Sessional Lecturer
Department of Economics, University of Victoria
Mail: PO Box
1700 STN CSC, Victoria BC, CANADA V8W 2Y2
BEC 392; E-Mail: email@example.com
Current Research Interests
- Computable General Equilibrium
- General Equilibrium Theory (Differential Topology)
Current Teaching in Economics
Previous Teaching in Economics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Information Technology
- Economics: Computational Economics (Econ 457), Environmental Economics (Econ 381), Competition Policy (Econ 310B),
Statistical Inference (Econ 246), Intermediate Macroeconomics (Econ 204)
- Computer Science: Agent Systems (Csc 485/585), The Practice of Computing Science (Csc 212)
- Software Engineering: Network-Centric Computing (Seng 450/550)
- Information Technology: Strategic Information Management, Data Modelling, Database Concepts
- Maple Files for Computational Economics, by Kendrick, Mercado, Amman
Recent Academic Publications
- T. Murdock, S. Taylor, A. Flower, A. Mehlenbacher, A. Montenegro, F. Zwiers, R. Alfaro, and D. Spittlehouse. 2013.
Pest outbreak distribution and forest management impacts in a changing climate in British Columbia.
Environmental Science & Policy, 26: 75-89. Bio-Economic Model Supplement
International Negotiations and Coalition Formation:
- Carin, B. and A. Mehlenbacher. 2010.
Constituting global leadership: which countries need to be around the summit table for climate change and
energy security? Global Governance. 16: 21-37.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2009.
Multiagent system simulations of signal averaging in English auctions with two-dimensional value signals. Computational Economics, 34: 119-143.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2009.
Multiagent system simulations of treasury auctions. Computational Economics. 34: 67-117.
Recent Unpublished Papers
This section contains reports (some still in progress) of several interesting investigations into Membrane Systems, Manifolds,
Computable General Equilibrium, Hypergames, Coalition Formation, and International Negotiations.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2015. Membrane Systems in Economics.
The Equilibrium Manifold:
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2014. Economic Equilibrium Manifold:
An Elementary Approach.
Computable General Equilibrium:
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2014. How SAM-based parameters and results from CGE models vary across time.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2013. Computable General Equilibrium Model for the BC Economy.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2013. Applied Econometrics with Population Datasets.
Hypergames and International Negotiations:
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2010. Breaking the Deadlocked Climate Change Negotiations.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2010. The Hypergame Conflicts of Tibet.
- Mehlenbacher, A. and B. Carin. 2010. Kick-Starting Global Agreement on Climate Change with China and the US.
Genetic Algorithms and Coalition Formation:
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2010. Genetic Algorithm for Coalition formation.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2011. BC Reclamation Security Deposits: A Brief Assessment.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2011. Evaluation of Philadelphia Triple Bottom Line Assessment.
Economics and Management Consulting
Dr. Mehlenbacher has provided economics and management consulting services to private and public sector clients in British Columbia, Alberta, and Alaska,
and has been an associate consultant with Vancouver management consulting firms SRI Strategic Resources Inc. and The Signal Group. For more information see Alan Mehlenbacher Associates Ltd.
Alan Mehlenbacher Associates, Alan Mehlenbacher Associates Ltd., Mehlenbacher, Alan Mehlenbacher,
victoria bc, economics consulting victoria bc, consulting economist, economics consulting,
management consulting,economist victoria bc, economics, multiagent systems, auctions,
computational economics, mathematical economics, competition economics, hypergames, membrane systems, p systems, mathematical economics,
(Updated: August, 2015)