Alan Mehlenbacher, PhD, MBA, MSc
Department of Economics, University of Victoria
Mail: PO Box
1700 STN CSC, Victoria BC, CANADA V8W 2Y2
BEC 392; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Research Interests
- Computational economics
- Competition economics
Recent Teaching Experience
- Economics: Computational Economics (Econ 457), General Equilibrium and Welfare Economics (Econ 451), Environmental Economics (Econ 381), Mathematical Economics I (Econ 350), Applied Econometrics (Econ 345),
Competition Economics I (Econ 310A), Competition Policy (Econ 310B),
Statistical Inference (Econ 246), Intermediate Macroeconomics (Econ 204)
- Computer Science: Agent Systems (Csc 485/585), Network-Centric Computing (Seng 450/550), The Practice of Computing Science (Csc 212)
- Information Technology: Strategic Information Management, Data Modelling, Database Concepts
- Maple Files for Computational Economics, by Kendrick, Mercado, Amman
Recent Academic Publications
- T. Murdock, S. Taylor, A. Flower, A. Mehlenbacher, A. Montenegro, F. Zwiers, R. Alfaro, and D. Spittlehouse. 2013.
Pest outbreak distribution and forest management impacts in a changing climate in British Columbia.
Environmental Science & Policy, 26: 75-89. Bio-Economic Model Supplement
- Carin, B. and A. Mehlenbacher. 2010.
Constituting global leadership: which countries need to be around the summit table for climate change and
energy security? Global Governance. 16: 21-37.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2009.
Multiagent system simulations of signal averaging in English auctions with two-dimensional value signals. Computational Economics, 34: 119-143.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2009.
Multiagent system simulations of treasury auctions. Computational Economics. 34: 67-117.
Economics and Management Consulting
Dr. Mehlenbacher has provided economics and management consulting services to private and public sector clients in British Columbia, Alberta, and Alaska,
and has been an associate consultant with Vancouver management consulting firms SRI Strategic Resources Inc. and The Signal Group. For more information see Alan Mehlenbacher Associates Ltd.
Alan Mehlenbacher Associates, Alan Mehlenbacher Associates Ltd., Mehlenbacher, Alan Mehlenbacher,
victoria bc, economics consulting victoria bc, consulting economist,
economics consulting, management consulting, economist victoria bc, economics, multiagent systems, auctions,
computational economics, antitrust economics, competition economics, econometrics, econometric analysis
(Updated: Feb, 2015)