Alan Mehlenbacher, MSc, MBA, PhD
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Continuing Sessional Lecturer
Department of Economics, University of Victoria
Mail: PO Box
1700 STN CSC, Victoria BC, CANADA V8W 2Y2
BEC 392; E-Mail: email@example.com
- Algorithmic Topology
- Fair Mining Collaborative
- Economic analysis in support of environmental and social justice organizations, including Centre for Global Studies, Ecotrust Canada, Environmental Law Centre, Fair Mining Collaborative,
Pacific Climate Impact Consortium, and Save Linley Valley's Hidden Ridge.
- Current UVic Courses: General Equilibrium and Welfare Economics (Econ 451), Mathematical Economics I (Econ 350), Applied Econometrics (Econ 345),
Competition Economics I (Econ 310A)
- Past UVic Courses: Computational Economics (Econ 457), Environmental Economics (Econ 381), Competition Policy (Econ 310B),
Statistical Inference (Econ 246), Intermediate Macroeconomics (Econ 204), Agent Systems (Csc 485/585), The Practice of Computing Science (Csc 212),
Network-Centric Computing (Seng 450/550)
- Maple Files for Computational Economics, by Kendrick, Mercado, Amman
- Albayyadhi, Maram. In progress. PhD Mathematics. Persistent homology.
- Duan, Jun. In progress. PhD Economics. Optimization of the Western Canada power grid: incorporation of renewable energy.
- Churchill, Sam. In progress. MA Mathematics. 3–manifolds algorithmically bound 4–manifolds.
- Gibson, Ron. 2012. MA Economics. The effect of X-12-Arima deseasonalization on the Harding Pagan algorithm.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2016.
P System for Two-Level Economic Exchange with Investment. Bulletin of the International Membrane Computing Society, 2: 167-177.
- T. Murdock, S. Taylor, A. Flower, A. Mehlenbacher, A. Montenegro, F. Zwiers, R. Alfaro, and D. Spittlehouse. 2013.
Pest outbreak distribution and forest management impacts in a changing climate in British Columbia.
Environmental Science & Policy, 26: 75-89.
Bio-Economic Model Supplement
- Carin, B. and A. Mehlenbacher. 2010.
Constituting global leadership: which countries need to be around the summit table for climate change and
energy security? Global Governance. 16: 21-37.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2009.
Multiagent system simulations of signal averaging in English auctions with two-dimensional value signals. Computational Economics, 34: 119-143.
- Mehlenbacher, A. 2009.
Multiagent system simulations of treasury auctions. Computational Economics. 34: 67-117.
- Whitfield, D. W. A., L. A. Mehlenbacher, and C. Labine, 1982. Solar radiation attenuation in a hillside jack pine forest. Canadian Journal of Botany. 60: 1913-1922.
- Mehlenbacher, L. A. and D.W.A. Whitfield, 1977. Modelling thermal eddy diffusivity at canopy height. Boundary-Layer Meteorology. 12: 153-170.
- Mehlenbacher, L. 1971. Devonian plants from the Yahatinda formation near Ghost River Alberta. American Journal of Botany. 58: 470.
- Spellenberg, R. W. and L. Mehlenbacher, 1971. Anatomical and cytological studies of an intergeneric hybrid. Canadian Journal of Botany. 49: 1565-1574.
- Mehlenbacher, L., 1970. Floret development, embryology, and systematic position of Oryzopsis hendersonii. Canadian Journal of Botany. 48: 1741-1758.
- Maze, J., L. Bohm, and L. Mehlenbacher, 1970. Embryo sac and early ovule development in Oryzopsis milacea and Stipa tortilis. Canadian Journal of Botany. 48: 27-41.
Economics and Management Consulting
Dr. Mehlenbacher has a PhD in Economics from the University of Victoria and an MBA from Simon Fraser University.
He has also earned an MSc from the University of British Columbia, a BS from the University of Michigan, and a CMC designation from the Institute of Certified Management Consultants.
Dr. Mehlenbacher was previously a partner in Stellar Systems Group Inc., President of Stellar Financial Management Group Ltd., and an IT Director with the BC Systems Corporation and the BC Ferry Corporation.
He has provided economics and management consulting services to private and public sector clients in British Columbia, Alberta, and Alaska,
and has been an associate consultant with Vancouver management consulting firms SRI Strategic Resources Inc. and The Signal Group.
He currently supports the Fair Mining Collaborative as an economist and member of the Board of Directors.
Alan Mehlenbacher Associates, Alan Mehlenbacher Associates Ltd., Mehlenbacher, Alan Mehlenbacher,
victoria bc, economics consulting victoria bc, consulting economist, economics consulting,
management consulting,economist victoria bc, economics, multiagent systems, auctions,
computational economics, mathematical economics, competition economics, hypergames, membrane systems, p systems, mathematical economics,
(Updated: August, 2017)