Happy New Year 2019!
Please check out our new website at: https://communitygardenuvic.weebly.com/
We are doing our best to keep both websites up to date until we automatically link them, but until then, please check the new one for the latest info!
Make your own Wild Immune Tonic – Free Workshop!
with Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed, MSc Herbal Medicine, BSc Botany
3-5pm at the garden
Friday, October 19th, 2018.
We will look at underutilized plants in the garden, to see how they can be used medicinally. We will harvest herbs for making an immune tonic.
Learn how to identify plants and harvest sustainably. Possible plant medicines include: cedar, pine, dandelion root, echinacea root.
Jars will supplied!
The Campus Community Garden has an opening: Project Assistant through UVic’s work study program!
Are you passionate about urban agriculture, getting your hands in the dirt and food sustainability? This could be the position for you! Apply now to join the CCG dream team. To see the full posting click here.
We have extended the deadline and are accepting applications until the end of the day on Sunday, October 21st, 2018. Applicants must be pre-approved for UVic’s work study program.
Hello everyone! Welcome back to school for all those students, we hope you’re all ready for the new school year.
We want to tell you about some amazing opportunities for growing your passion and knowledge about urban agriculture and food sustainability. If this interests you, then you could be part of the Campus Community Garden’s dream team! We have two employment opportunities available for two lucky students: the Outreach Officer, and a Campus Community Garden Project Assistant position through UVic’s Work Study program. For further details, check out the job posting and description link included in this post! We are accepting applications for the Outreach Officer position until Thursday, September 13th at 4pm.
We will post the details for the Project Assistant position as soon as possible!Campus_Community_Gardens_CCG_Outreach_Officer
For more up to date information on becoming a board member, please visit our new website www.communitygardenuvic.weebly.com!
The Campus Community Garden is seeking new board members for the 2018 Spring and Summer seasons!
Board members must be a current student, staff member, or faculty at UVic.
The Campus Community Garden’s Board of Directors meet regularly to make decisions and discuss the garden’s administration, finances, workshops, events, projects, and outreach.
Garden staff members are accountable to the Board of Directors. Board members are expected to take on volunteer leadership roles on behalf of the garden including tasks related to finances, outreach, infrastructure, giving gardens, compost, and education.
If you would like to attend our next meeting (tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, April 25th at 5pm), please send a message to ccgarden [at] uvic [dot] ca.
Please mention this to any students, staff or faculty who you think would be a great board member for the garden!
What does being a Campus Community Garden Board Member entail?
- An 8-12 month commitment, 12 months or longer preferred
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Manage the Garden budget
- Provide guidance and participate in decision making for the management of the garden
- Sign up for leadership team responsibilities and take initiative to ensure tasks are completed
- Develop and lead projects with the help of Campus Community Garden Staff and other community members
- *Active participation in garden work parties is NOT a requirement*
Benefits of being a CCG Board Member:
- Gain experience with organizing workshops and events, community outreach, budgeting, and managing volunteers
- Training on board governance and relevant responsibilities
- Free admission to all Campus Community Garden workshops and events (including Annual Farm Crawl & Orchard Crawl)
- Free fruits/vegetables from the giving gardens
- Gain knowledge and experience with gardening and Permaculture
- Be part of a vibrant garden community and network
- Experience to include on your CV
- Contribute to making the garden fun and awesome!
Contact the Garden Coordinator: ccgarden [at] uvic [dot] ca !