The Campus Community Garden is seeking new board members for the 2018 Spring and Summer seasons!
Board members must be a current student, staff member, or faculty at UVic.
The Campus Community Garden’s Board of Directors meet regularly to make decisions and discuss the garden’s administration, finances, workshops, events, projects, and outreach.
Garden staff members are accountable to the Board of Directors. Board members are expected to take on volunteer leadership roles on behalf of the garden including tasks related to finances, outreach, infrastructure, giving gardens, compost, and education.
If you would like to attend our next meeting (tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, April 25th at 5pm), please send a message to ccgarden [at] uvic [dot] ca.
Please mention this to any students, staff or faculty who you think would be a great board member for the garden!
What does being a Campus Community Garden Board Member entail?
- An 8-12 month commitment, 12 months or longer preferred
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Manage the Garden budget
- Provide guidance and participate in decision making for the management of the garden
- Sign up for leadership team responsibilities and take initiative to ensure tasks are completed
- Develop and lead projects with the help of Campus Community Garden Staff and other community members
- *Active participation in garden work parties is NOT a requirement*
Benefits of being a CCG Board Member:
- Gain experience with organizing workshops and events, community outreach, budgeting, and managing volunteers
- Training on board governance and relevant responsibilities
- Free admission to all Campus Community Garden workshops and events (including Annual Farm Crawl & Orchard Crawl)
- Free fruits/vegetables from the giving gardens
- Gain knowledge and experience with gardening and Permaculture
- Be part of a vibrant garden community and network
- Experience to include on your CV
- Contribute to making the garden fun and awesome!
Contact the Garden Coordinator: ccgarden [at] uvic [dot] ca !