As fall comes around, we are hiring on a Garden Coordinator on for a 2 year term position at the UVic Campus Community Garden.
CAMPUS COMMUNITY GARDENS COORDINATOR
CAMPUS COMMUNITY GARDENS (CCG)
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA STUDENTS’ SOCIETY
Hourly wage: 20.28/hr
Hours per week: 15-19
Availability: Flexible days and hours, may include some evenings and weekends depending on events/workshops.
Posting Date: Wednesday, Aug. 16th, 2017.
Closing Date: Wednesday, Aug. 23rd, 2017 @ 12:00 pm/noon.
Required application forms are available on the UVSS website (uvss.ca) or at the UVSS General Office, Student union building room B128.
All applications MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the UVSS General Office, Student union building room B128 prior to the closing date and time listed above. Late applications will not be considered.
1. The CCG Coordinator will be responsible to the CCG Board of Directors for the daily site operations of the community garden, membership, education, and outreach.
2. The CCG Coordinator will supervise the CCG Assistant Coordinator, Work Study, Site Officer and volunteers, and liaise with the UVSS and UVic Office of Campus Planning and Sustainability.
1. Reports and is responsible to the Campus Community Gardens Board of Directors but under the overall authority of the Executive Director.
1. The Campus Community Garden is an organization which began in 1996 and provides access to UVic students, faculty, and staff for organic urban agriculture and permaculture.
1. Perform administrative tasks such as facilitating staff meetings, hiring committees, and budget planning.
2. Update work plans, job descriptions, training manuals and budget expenses in accordance with mandate.
3. Organize and participate in monthly CCG Board of Director meetings.
4. Coordinate the upkeep and maintenance of garden areas.
5. Manage allotment garden membership including agreements and fees.
6. Manage electronic communication platforms including – WordPress, various social media and email lists.
7. Plan and organize workshops, events and coordinates CCG volunteer involvement.
8. Liaise with UVic Office of Sustainability and the UVic Students’ Society.
9. Communicate with UVic academic departments to foster academic/educational activities in the garden.
10. Be an information resource for gardening and related topics for the UVic community.
11. Promote and support edible campus initiatives.
1. Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience with the CCG or coordinating another similar community garden project.
2. Minimum 1 – 2 years’ gardening experience with a community organization.
3. Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience supervising staff.
4. Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience working with non-profit organizations.
5. Demonstrated knowledge about gardening, food accessibility and community based education.
6. Ability to self-motivate, work independently and delegate tasks.
7. Demonstrated commitment to fostering positive community atmosphere.
8. Ability to perform moderate physical labour.
9. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and follow through as a group leader.
10. Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
11. Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
12. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other related office software.
Amended LMC Email 2017-08-02
13. Extensive experience with organic gardening and Permaculture Design Certificate.
14. Demonstrated financial management experience.
15. Demonstrated experience with event coordination.