We completed our hiring for a workstudy position starting Oct 9th to April 22nd, 2018. The position is 300 hours total at $15.00 an hour. If you are eligible for work study, watch out for another opportunity to apply next fall semester (Sept 2018).
JOB TITLE: UVSS_CCG1 – Campus Community Garden Project Assistant
DEPARTMENT NAME: University of Victoria Students Society Campus Community Garden
The Campus Community Garden is an organization which provides space to UVic students, faculty, and staff for organic urban agriculture.
The Project Assistant will:
– Support the Coordinator, Assistant coordinators, and Board of directors in providing education and outreach to the UVic community.
– Organize and assist with workshops, events and outreach to promote sustainable agriculture, food justice and other relevant topics.
– Organize and develop outreach materials and resources (e.g. posters, pamphlets, signage)
– Help build and maintain communal areas of the garden; under the direction of the Coordinator, may also lead work parties to maintain communal areas of the garden.
– Recruit, organize, and engage volunteers for CCG work parties, projects and events.
– When relevant, represent CCG at events (e.g. clubs days, sustainability events)
– Attend Board of directors meetings and provide oral and/or written report at meetings
– Passionate and knowledgeable about gardening/urban agriculture, local food security, food justice, and sustainability
– Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and community-minded, works well independently and with the public
– Experience with gardening and/or sustainable agriculture initiatives; prior volunteer experience with CCG is an asset
– Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through with planned tasks
– Ability to perform moderate physical labour and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
– Other assets: workshop facilitation, community organizing, carpentry, graphic and/or website design skills
JOB LOCATION ON-CAMPUS: SUB and Campus Community Garden
WORK STUDY WAGE: $12.00/hour (including 4% vacation pay)
DEPARTMENT TOP UP: $3.00
WORK STUDY JOB POSTING
Applicants must be eligible for Work Study Program
For details go to: http://www.uvic.ca/registrar/safa/work-study/index.php
HOURS AVAILABLE: 300