We are hiring for a workstudy position starting Oct 9th to April 22nd. The position will be for 300 hours total at $15.00 an hour. If you are eligible for workstudy consider applying! Please see below for details and how to apply.
JOB TITLE: UVSS_CCG1 – Campus Community Garden Project Assistant
DEPARTMENT NAME: University of Victoria Students Society Campus Community Garden
CONTACT NAME: Stephanie Enevoldsen
The Campus Community Garden is an organization which provides space to UVic students, faculty, and staff for organic urban agriculture.
The Project Assistant will:
– Support the Coordinator, Assistant coordinators, and Board of directors in providing education and outreach to the UVic community.
– Organize and assist with workshops, events and outreach to promote sustainable agriculture, food justice and other relevant topics.
– Organize and develop outreach materials and resources (e.g. posters, pamphlets, signage)
– Help build and maintain communal areas of the garden; under the direction of the Coordinator, may also lead work parties to maintain communal areas of the garden.
– Recruit, organize, and engage volunteers for CCG work parties, projects and events.
– When relevant, represent CCG at events (e.g. clubs days, sustainability events)
– Attend Board of directors meetings and provide oral and/or written report at meetings
– Passionate and knowledgeable about gardening/urban agriculture, local food security, food justice, and sustainability
– Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and community-minded, works well independently and with the public
– Experience with gardening and/or sustainable agriculture initiatives; prior volunteer experience with CCG is an asset
– Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through with planned tasks
– Ability to perform moderate physical labour and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
– Other assets: workshop facilitation, community organizing, carpentry, graphic and/or website design skills
JOB LOCATION ON-CAMPUS: SUB and Campus Community Garden
WORK STUDY WAGE: $12.00/hour (including 4% vacation pay)
DEPARTMENT TOP UP: $3.00
WORK STUDY JOB POSTING
Applicants must be eligible for Work Study Program
For details go to: http://www.uvic.ca/registrar/safa/work-study/index.php
HOURS AVAILABLE: 300
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, and number of approved Work Study hours to email@example.com with subject line “CCG Workstudy Application”
We look forward to hearing from you!