We are looking for new Board Members to join the Campus Community Garden starting Oct 2017. This is a volunteer position which includes 1 board meeting a month and other varied responsibilities. Training on board governance and responsibilities are provided. Student of all levels of experience are welcome and encouraged; this is a great opportunity to gain new skills and be part of the gardening community on Campus and in Victoria.
We will be electing a new board on September 27th 2017 at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) in the SUB upper Lounge Board Room.
Please contact us or come to our AGM if you have questions or are interested in becoming part of the board.
CCG Board Member Roles 2017-2018
What does being a CCG Board Member entail?
- A 8-12 month commitment, 12 months or longer preferred
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Provide guidance and participate in decision making for the management of the garden
- Sign up for specific leadership team responsibilities and take initiative to ensure tasks are completed
- Develop and lead your own projects with the help of CCG Coordinators and other community members
Benefits of being a CCG Board Member:
- Gain experience with organizing workshops and events, community outreach, budgeting, managing volunteers, and more
- All training on board governance and relevant responsibilities are provided
- Free admission to all CCG workshops and events (including Annual Farm Crawl & Orchard Crawl)
- Free vegetables from the giving garden
- Further your knowledge and experience in gardening and Permaculture
- Be part of a vibrant garden community and network
- Great experience to include on your resume
- Be a student or staff in good standing with the University of Victoria Student Society
- A willingness to learn about gardening, budgeting, and events organizing
- Able to make a commitment and take initiative
- An interest in being part of a community based organization
- Some experience with community gardens, gardening, leadership, and outreach an asset