Recent Committees and Appointments
- Convener, MEOPAR Workshop on Ocean Acidification, Ottawa, March 2017.
- Co-author, External Review of the Dalhousie Oceanography Department, Halifax, Canada, April 2015.
- Member, Core Group of Experts on Ocean Science in Canada, Council of Canadian Academies, 2011-2012.
- Co-convenor, Workshop on 'Potential impacts of ocean acidification on marine ecosystems
and fisheries', PICES/ICES/UNESCO Symposium on 'Climate change effects on fish and fisheries', Sendai, Japan, April, 2010.
- Member, Deputy Minister's Science Management Board, Fisheries and Oceans, Canada, 2008-2010.
- Member, British Columbia Premier's Climate Action Team, 2007-2008.
- Coordinating Lead Author in the IPCC Climate Change 2007 AR4
report of chapter titled "Couplings between changes in the climate system and biogeochemistry".
- Coordinating Lead Author in the IPCC Climate Change 1995 SAR report
of chapter titled "Marine biotic responses to environmental change and feedbacks to climate".
- International and Canadian SOLAS Scientific Steering Committees (2001-2006).
- Joint Scientific Committee for the World Climate Research Programme (2001-2006).