Sundays 9 am – 1 pm
- Every Sunday, ESSA members are collaborating with the CRD and community members to restore the ‘wild garden’ at Point Ellice House (a historical site) to a healthy ecosystem
- All materials are provided for volunteers – including snacks!
- The site is located at 2616 Pleasant Avenue (Just off the bay street bridge) right between Victoria Gravel Mart and Steel Pacific (old Budget Steel)
- Bus # 14 will get you there… ding the bell when you pass Bridge Street and it’s only a short walk from there
- Very unique site – Garry Oak and Oregon Ash trees, eco-cultural restoration, archaeological aspects of interest, opportunity to mentor scouts and high school students, good networking opportunity for jobs and long term restoration objectives
- A great opportunity if you are in any restoration classes like ES341 – term project!