Travel information

 WISE2017 will be held at the University of Victoria, in Victoria, BC, Canada


Changes have recently been implemented regarding travel to Canada. Visitors from many western countries (including e.g. Western Europe, Australia, Japan) now need an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for traveling to Canada. Please check the Visit Canada website to determine the type of documentation needed to enter Canada.

Victoria is served by the Victoria International Airport (YYJ), with regular connections to Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Seattle, and San Francisco. Flying into YYJ is the most convenient way to get to the Greater Victoria area.

A fun option (for travelers with little luggage) is taking a float plane from Vancouver (Harbour Air), or Seattle (Kenmore Air).

Ferry service to the mainland is provided by BC Ferries. From the US, there are also options to take car ferries (from Port Angeles, WA, or Anacortes, WA), as well as a fast passenger ferry from Seattle (Clipper).