The Law Students’ Society is the representative body of law students at UVic Law. All students at the Faculty of Law are members of the Society. Representatives are elected each year for 18 positions on the LSS Executive, and representatives are appointed by ILSA and LawAbility to fill two further positions on the Executive.
The LSS Executive is responsible for the overseeing the LSS budget, funding and overseeing a wide variety of clubs and societies. It is also responsible for many social events throughout the year, organizing the annual Orientation, Skit Night, the Bonspiel Curling Tournament, regular social gatherings in the student lounge via Dean’s Socials, and many more.
LSS representatives meet on Tuesdays at 12:30 in room 205 to address issues regarding student affairs. All students are welcome to sit in on meetings.
Our Constitution: LSS Constitution – October 2012
The 2013/2014 Law Students’ Society Executive:
- President: Yianni Pappas-Acreman
- Vice President Internal: John Bullock
- Vice President External: Nicholas McDonald
- Secretary: Sara Cox
- Treasurer: Cody Reedman
- Social Coordinators: Jill Dean & Emma Vallance
- Sports Rep: Nathan Van Kampen
- Co-Op Reps: Brian Beitz (Fall) & Alex Ned (Spring)
- Second Year Articling Rep: Dorsa Beheshti
- Second Year Careers Options Rep: Andrew Buckley
- Third Year Reps: Molly Greene & Brittney LaPietra
- Alumni Rep: Jackie Fry
- Equity Rep: Katie Duke
- Health & Wellness Rep: Madeleine Shaw
- First Year Reps: Andrew Buckley & Madeleine Shaw
- ILSA Rep:
- LawAbility Rep: