Cassio kisses Desdemona's hand.
- A Florentine (Iago -- 1.1.21) -- a person of courtly manners and gestures.
- Sees Desdemona as "a most fresh and delicate creature . . . indeed perfection" (2.3.20)
- But compare his attitude to Bianca (see 4.1.110-70)
- Rodrigo (how does he see Desdemona?)
- His language as he rouses Brabantio from his bed (1.1.89ff)
- As he speaks to Rodrigo (1.3.337) where love is "merely a lust of the blood and a permission of the will"
- With Desdemona and Cassio (2.1.165-76): voyeur or commentator?
- His relationship with Emilia
- His dismissal of Bianca (5.1.117): "This is the fruits of whoring"