- Due date: TBA
- Value: 35% of your final grade
There will be a final exam for the course.
Objectives of the exam
- To encourage you to read, remember, and think about the plays.
- To encourage you to relate them to the culture of Shakespeare's
time, and our own.
- To encourage you to pay close attention to Shakespeare's language.
- You may bring your text(s) and one page of notes to the exam.
- The duration of the exam will be three hours, with an additional
ten minutes of time to read the paper and plan your answers.
- You will be asked to answer four questions on this exam.
- One will ask for a detailed discussion of a passage from one of
the plays (about 20 lines in length).
- The remaining three questions will be essay-type questions
inviting responses to the plays, to performances of them, and to the
background readings associated with the course.
- One question will require a comparison between two plays.
- You will have a choice of questions.
This page last updated on 28 August 2006. © Michael