HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN
Paper Mache Volcano
- 1 square of cardboard: approx.
60cm by 60cm.
- 1 plastic bottle: approx 20cm
- Strips of newspaper: approc
- 1 big bowl.
- Flour and water.
- Masking tape.
- Brown, green, and red
- Place the bottle in the centre
of the cardboard.
- Run strips of masking tape
from the top of the bottle to various points near the edge of the
cardboard. Try to make them equidistant from the bottle
- Dip strips of the newspaper
into the mixture. Run it between 2 fingers to take off any excess
mixture. Drape the strips between the masking tape strips.
- Once the whole thing has been
covered, let it dry over night.
- Paint the completed volcano.
How to make the paper
mache volcano erupt
- Paper mache volcano.
- Vinegar: 1 cup.
- Baking soda: 4
- Red food colouring.
- Pour the vinegar into the top
of the volcano.
- Drop in about 10 drops of food
- When ready, pour in all the
baking soda in one swift motion. Step back and watch!
MAKE A PAPER VOLCANO
Back to the Science
Back to the Volcano
Rights Reserved by MCYOSHIBELLE
- Print a copy of this page and
follow the instructions printed on it.