Graduate Studies in Political Science
Political Science graduate student, Anais Lenoir, talks about studying at the University of Victoria.
The Department of Political Science offers a graduate degrees in most fields of Political Science. The emphasis of the Master's program is on developing the analytical capacities, theoretical understanding, and research skills necessary for further work as a political scientist, policy analyst, diplomat, journalist, social activist, or public servant. The PhD program is for students interested in pursuing an academic career in Political Science and may also be appropriate as preparation for other forms of research career.
GRAD COURSES 2013-14
Spring 2014 timetable
Research themes include:
- contemporary political theory
- international and transnational politics
- democratic constitutionalism
- comparative public policy and governance
- politics in the global south
- cultural, social and political thought
Questions about how to apply? Click here.