Foreword by James Kakalios, Author of "The Physics of Superheroes"
Part I. Bat-Building Blocks: Exploring What Batman Became By Beginning Where He Started
- Chapter 1. The Before Batman: How Buff Was Bruce?
- Chapter 2. Guess Who’s Coming for Dinner: Bruce’s Twin Brother Bob and the Human Genome
- Chapter 3. The Stress of Life: Holy Hormones, Batman!
Part II. Basic Batbody Training: Laying the Foundation for Batman’s Physical Prowess to Be Later Exploited by His Skill
- Chapter 4. Gaining Strength and Power: Does the Bat that Flies the Highest or the Fastest Get the Worm?
- Chapter 5. Building the Batbones: Brittle is Bad, But is Bigger Better?
- Chapter 6. Batmetabolism: What’s for Dinner on the Dark Knight Diet?
Part III. Training the Batbrain: Batman on the Path to Mastery of the Martial Arts
- Chapter 7. From Bruce Wayne to Bruce Lee: Mastering Martial Moves in the Batcave
- Chapter 8. Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting: But What Was Batman Doing?
- Chapter 9. The Caped Crusader in Combat: Can You Kayo without Killing?
Part IV. Batman in Action: Knight Moves with Batman When he Acts as the Caped Crusader
- Chapter 10. Batman Bashes and Is Bashed by Bad Boys (and Girls): What Can He Break Without Getting Broken?
- Chapter 11. Hardening the Batbody: Can Sticks and Stones Break His Bones?
- Chapter 12. Gotham by Twilight: Working the Knight Shift
Part V. A Mixed Batbag: Pondering Possible Pitfalls Along the Path to Bathood
- Chapter 13. Injury and Recovery: How Much Banging Until the Batback Goes Bonk?
- Chapter 14. Battle of the Bats: Could Batgirl Beat Batman?
- Chapter 15. The Aging Avenger: Could the Caped Crusader Become the Caped Codger?
- Chapter 16. The Reign of the Bat: Can You Really Become Batman and Remain Batman?
Appendix: Batman’s Training Milestones