Units: 1.5 or 3.0
This course is for advanced students who have a shared field of interest with a particular instructor. Students are expected to have a well-developed proposal prepared in order to apply to an instructor for supervision.
- May be taken more than once for credit in different topics to a maximum of 3 units.
- Students who have completed 6 units of credit in the specialized area of study (at least 3 units of which must be at the third-year level) may request permission to register in the course.
- It is the expectation that, as well as the weekly conference time with their adviser, students will spend a minimum of 3 hours per week in the studio.
- Students may not take a third-year course and a directed studies with the same instructor in the same discipline in the same year.
- Declared Major in Visual Arts; and
- permission of the department.