Honours Thesis I
Formerly: part of 499
The first stage of a research project conducted under the direction of a faculty member.
- Not open to students with credit in CHEM 499.
- Normally open to Honours students only.
- Students are advised to make arrangements for 499 projects as early as possible. Ideally, projects should be discussed with potential supervisors before the semester in which the research will be undertaken. Interested students should contact the course coordinator by the first week of classes.
- CHEM 499A and CHEM 499B are "tied" courses and must be taken in consecutive terms except with permission of the department. Credit for CHEM 499A will be assigned only upon successful completion of CHEM 499B. Both CHEM 499A and CHEM 499B are offered in all three terms.
- Chemistry Majors may take CHEM 499A and CHEM 499B as electives.
- Permission of the department.
INP; standard grade (assigned upon completion of 499B; if 499B is not completed a grade equivalent to N will be assigned to 499A).