Social Work Practicum II
In the second BSW practicum (350 hours) students have a further opportunity to develop, refine and apply generalist practice knowledge, skills, values and ethics under supervision in an agency setting. Generalist practice can include individual family, group and community work, organizational development and policy change.
- Credit will be granted for only one of SOCW 402, SOCW 404, SOCW 404A.
- Students must submit an application for practicum at least one term in advance of registration in order to ensure adequate time is available for planning and organizing their practicum.
- Students completing a 3.0 unit SOCW 304 practicum must complete a 420 hour SOCW 402.
- A concurrent seminar or approved equivalent will be required.
- One of SOCW 301, SOCW 318, SOCW 319; and
- SOCW 304 or SOCW 304A; and
- either SOCW 311 and SOCW 312, or SOCW 323.
Pre- or Co-requisites:
INP, COM, N, F