Elementary Mandarin for Speakers of Other Chinese Languages
Formerly: CHIN 220
Trains speakers of non-Mandarin forms of Chinese (e.g., Cantonese) in the sounds of Mandarin Chinese. Students will learn the pinyin romanization system; concentration will be on listening and speaking. Characters will be introduced in both full and simplified variants.
- Credit will be granted for only one of PAAS 212, CHIN 220, CHIN 410.
- Not open to non-native speakers.
- Limited to 35 students per section.
- Knowledge of a non-Mandarin form of Chinese is required prior to taking this course.
- Permission of the department.