Properties of Materials
Introduction to the modern theory of atomic structure and its relation to chemical bonding. Introduction to organic chemistry and modern materials, including polymer chemistry. Laboratory emphasizes skills typically needed in a scientific environment including observing, recording and discussing experimental data. Basic chemical techniques are introduced using a variety of different types of experiments.
- Credit will be granted for only one of CHEM 101, CHEM 100, CHEM 124, CHEM 140, CHEM 150.
- Students who have completed an advanced mathematics course equivalent to Pre-Calculus 12 or Principles of Mathematics 12 may request permission to register in the course.
- Students without Chemistry 12 must also enroll in CHEM 091 if they wish to take CHEM 102.
- Chemistry 11; and
- Pre-Calculus 12 or Principles of Mathematics 12; or
- permission of the department.