Advanced Research Experience I
The first stage of a research project conducted under the direction of a faculty member.
- Credit will be granted for only one of CHEM 498A, CHEM 499, CHEM 499A.
- Not open to Honours students. Students planning to pursue an Honours degree in Chemistry should instead register for CHEM 499A and CHEM 499B.
- Students are advised to make arrangements for 498A projects as early as possible. Ideally, projects should be discussed with potential supervisors before the semester in which the research will be undertaken. Interested students should contact the course coordinator by the first week of classes.
- CHEM 498A and CHEM 498B are "tied" courses and must be taken in consecutive terms except with permission of the department. Credit for CHEM 498A will be assigned only upon successful completion of CHEM 498B.
- Both CHEM 498A and CHEM 498B are offered in Fall and Spring Terms and Summer Session.