French Reading Course
Formerly: FREN 300
Presentation of basic sentence structures and vocabulary, and reading of texts in order to prepare students to acquire a reasonable reading comprehension of scientific and scholarly works in French. Primarily intended for students who have little knowledge of French and are enrolled in university departments requiring a reading knowledge of a second language.
- Credit will be granted for only one of FRAN 300, FREN 300.
- Not open to students with credit in, or registered in, FRAN 180 or higher.
- Students with no previous French should take at least FRAN 100 before undertaking FRAN 300.
- Credit may be obtained for both FRAN 300 and any other FRAN course.
- Minimum third-year standing or admission to a graduate program; or
- permission of the department.
Grading: COM, N, F.