Nursing Practice VI: Promoting Health of Communities and Society
This nursing practice experience provides opportunities to develop caring relationships with families, groups and communities and/or populations with an emphasis on health promotion and community empowerment. Participants have opportunities to work with a community on an identified health issue.
- Credit will be granted for only one of NURS 351, NURS 456.
- Normally, a student must pass both theory and practice co-requisites in the same term to advance in the program. If a student fails one co-requisite but achieves a minimum grade of B (73-76%) or higher in the second the student may not be required to complete both co-requisites again the next time they are offered.
- For College-University Transfer BSN Program students:
- Health and Healing VI.
- For Post-diploma students:
- NURS 345.
- For Post-diploma and College-University Transfer BSN Program students (Aurora College and Selkirk College only):
- NURS 350.
Grading: COM, F.