Social Work Practicum I
Units: 3.0 or 4.5
In the first BSW practicum (350 hours) students: practice social work under supervision in an agency setting; apply, integrate and translate theories into practice; and experience the economic, political and policy constraints on practice.
- Credit will be granted for only one of SOCW 304, SOCW 304A.
- Students must submit an application for practicum approximately two terms in advance of registration in order to ensure adequate time is available for planning and organizing their practicum (see Social Work web site for dates).
- 3.0 unit practicum is 315 hours.
- 4.5 unit practicum is 350 hours.
- Social Work accreditation standards require that students spend the hours noted above in practice. Students may be required to complete training prior or during their practicum. Training can only be counted as practicum hours in exceptional circumstances and with the permission of the faculty liaison.
- A concurrent seminar or approved equivalent will be required.
Grading: INP, COM, N, F.