Statistics for Life Sciences I
Descriptive statistics; probability; random variables and probability distributions; expectation; binomial, Poisson, and normal distributions; random sampling and sampling distributions; point and interval estimation; classical hypothesis testing and significance testing. Statistical examples and applications from life sciences will be emphasized.
- Credit will be granted for only one of STAT 255, STAT 252.
- Not open to students registered in or with credit in one of 254, 250, 260.
- See Credit Limit - Beginning Level Statistics Courses.
- Intended primarily for students in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Environmental Studies combined with a Science discipline, Kinesiology, and Combined Computer Science and Health Information Science.
- 1.5 units of MATH course numbered 100 or higher.