Directed Experiential Learning in Anthropology
Conducted in relation to work or volunteer activities with a host organization identified by the student and approved by the department. Student will engage in experiential learning and assessment of anthropological methods in an applied setting. Student will work with an instructor to identify issues to be explored and what course assessment methods will be used before the experiential learning opportunity begins. Must include at least 150 hours of work or volunteer activities. Assessment typically involves a reflective journal and final paper.
- Students are responsible for proposing an internship and arranging for a supervising instructor.
- Minimum third-year standing; and
- minimum GPA of 6.5 in 300- and 400-level ANTH courses; and
- minimum cumulative GPA of 5.5; and
- declared Honours or Major in Anthropology.