Self-Directed Immersive Language Learning IV
Also: IED 456
Equips and supports students to find, create and engage in immersive, communicative learning contexts for their own Indigenous languages at the fourth-year Students are supported to create self-directed language domains in their lives. Students are required to log 75-100 hours of communicative Indigenous language learning through a variety of self-directed methods, as well as assess and analyze their experiences.
- May be taken more than once for credit with permission of the department.
- May be counted towards the second language requirement of the BA in Applied Linguistics and of the Diploma in Applied Linguistics.
- May not be counted toward any degree program in Linguistics or Applied Linguistics, or a Diploma in Applied Linguistics.
- One of LING 356, LING 358, LING 359, IED 356, IED 358, IED 359; and
- admission to one of BEd or Diploma program in Indigenous Language Revitalization, Certificate in Indigenous Language Proficiency, Certificate in Aboriginal Language Revitalization; or
- permission of the department.