Professional Practice V: Leadership in Nursing
Investigates knowledge of leadership for nursing practice in the promotion of health for individuals, families, groups and communities. Topics include: nurses' roles in the Canadian health care system, nurses' influence in change, impacts of global trends and issues, collaborative and ethical approaches for working within institutional philosophies and frameworks, and issues facing nurses in current work environments. Students will engage in leadership experiences, to integrate theory and practice of leadership competencies
- Normally, a student must pass both theory and practice co-requisites in the same term to advance in the program. If a student fails one co-requisite but achieves a minimum grade of B (73-76%) or higher in the second the student may not be required to complete both co-requisites again the next time they are offered.
- For College-University Transfer BSN Program students (Aurora College & Selkirk College only):
- NURS 350 and NURS 351.
- College-University Transfer For BSN Program students (Victoria only):
- NURS 350.
- For Post-diploma students:
- All of NURS 345, NURS 350, NURS 351.
- For Post-diploma and College-University Transfer BSN Program students (Aurora College & Selkirk College only):
- NURS 431.
- For College-University Transfer BSN Program students (Victoria only):
- NURS 456.