Issues in Demography and Families
In-depth examination of contemporary population trends and their effects on human well-being, issues relating to families, and social policy responses. Topics may include: population growth, sustainable development, and the environment; population aging; dating and mating, marriage, cohabitation and divorce; new reproductive technologies; parenting, work and family life, stress and violence, population and immigration, indigenous families, urbanization and human crowding.
- Credit will be granted for only one of SOCI 433, SOCI 340, SOCI 342, SOCI 443.
- May be taken more than once for credit in different topics to a maximum of 3 units.
- Minimum third-year standing; and
- declared Honours or Major in Sociology; or
- permission of the department.