Social Work Practicum II
Students have a further opportunity to develop, refine and apply generalist practice knowledge, skills, values and ethics under supervision in an agency setting. Generalist practice can include individual family, group and community work, organizational development and policy change. The practicum is 350 hours.
- Credit will be granted for only one of SOCW 402, SOCW 404, SOCW 404A.
- Students must submit an application for practicum approximately two terms in advance of registration in order to ensure adequate time is available for planning and organizing their practicum (see Social Work web site for dates).
- Students who have completed a 3.0 unit SOCW 304 practicum must complete a 420 hour SOCW 402
- Social Work accreditation standards require that students spend the hours noted above in practice. Students may be required to complete training prior or during their practicum. Training can only be counted as practicum hours in exceptional circumstances and with the permission of the faculty liaison.
- A concurrent seminar or approved equivalent will be required.
Pre- or Co-requisites:
Grading: INP, COM, N, F.