Atomic and molecular structure; periodicity, chemical bonding; gases, liquids, and solids; phase equilibria; equilibrium; thermochemistry; chemical thermodynamics; electrochemistry.
- Credit will be granted for only one of CHEM 150, CHEM 100, CHEM 101.
- Students who have completed an advanced mathematics course equivalent to Pre-Calculus 12 or Principles of Mathematics 12 may request permission to register in the course.
- Chemistry 11; and
- Pre-Calculus 12 or Principles of Mathematics 12; and
- admission to BEng or BSEng program; or
- permission of the department.
Chemistry 12 recommended prior to CHEM 150.